Vision, Mission, History
Vision… to enhance the value of seaport and marine transportation to society.
Mission… to provide learning pathways for seaport and marine transportation management that strengthen the industry.
Through this program you will have the opportunity to develop a comprehensive understanding of the marine transportation system, port and terminal management and administration.
The course covers rapidly changing regulations and requirements that affect ports, marine facilities, inter-modal transportation providers, vessels, and many diverse service providers. Over six hundred participants have participated in the program to date.
CPE Alumni Testimonials
Having a full understanding of all the operations of the Port and how departments and roles work together to achieve an overall goal is a valuable asset to our workforce and this course provided that comprehensive overview.
As I work for a Canadian Port Authority, but only in the Marina end of things, the course covered a vast array of knowledge I would require to move over to the terminals or even Port Management – I certainly enjoyed the course.
Classroom CourseAdvanced Education
Complete 17 learning modules online over a period of just 5 days.
Port and TerminalOperation and Management
Acquire tools and knowledge to be able to advance in your organization.
Get CertifiedFor Better Business
Knowledge about the five key areas affecting port management today.
Transport TrainedCompetitive Edge
Interconnectedness with a global network of port management professionals.
The program that benefits you also benefits your organization.
Benefits to individuals
The CPE Certified Port Executive Program™ is the best program available today if you want to;
- Get to know the business, the entire port business
- Gain industry knowledge through accelerated learning
- Be more valuable to your organization
- Be able to advance your career
- Network with port management professionals
Benefits to Organizations
The CPE Certified Port Executive Program™ is a program that allows organizations to succeed at;
- Succession planning
- On-boarding new employees
- Development of key talent
- Ensuring management adapt to industry change
- Making proactive HR investments to attract and retain key talent
What you leave with;
- Enhanced management skills to bring back to your terminals, ports or maritime operations
- Real world knowledge of port and terminal operation and management
- Tools and knowledge to be able to advance your career
- Interconnectedness with a global network of port management professionals
- Access to an annual update conference
The CPE Certified Port Executive™ Program is registered trade mark of Group Macdonnell
Some Past Participants
- COO – Port of Long Beach
- Global Trade Compliance Manager – Alcoa Materials Management
- CEO – AllTrans Port Services, Inc.
- Harbor Master – Bethel Port
- Director, Port Construction & Infrastructure – Canaveral Port Authority
- President – Caribbean Port Management Inc.
- Interim Port Director – Citrus County Port Authority
- Terminal Manager – Dole Fresh Fruit Company
- Director – Godrich Port Management Corp
- Director – Great Lakes Int’l Marine Training & Resource Centre; Georgian College
- Manager of Operations – Greater Victoria Harbour Authority
- President – Greater Houston Port Bureau
- Project Manager – Greater Houston Port Bureau
- Councilor – Haisla Nation Council
- Corporate Controller – Logistec Corporation
- Vice President Finance – Logistec Corporation
- Compliance Manager – Manatee County Port Authority
- Executive Director – Miami River Marine Group
- President – Midgulf Association of Stevedores
- Assistant VP – New Orleans Terminal, LLC
- Assistant Manager, Operations – Pacific Coast Terminals Co. Ltd.
- Marine Operations Manager – Penn Terminals
- Attorney – Pennington, Moore, Wilkenson, Bell&Dunbar
- Manager, Real Estate – Port Metro Vancouver
- Manager, Engineering – Port Metro Vancouver
- Port Director – Port of Anchorage
- Marketing Manager – Port of Belledune
- Director of Finance – Port of Galveston
- Port Director – Port of Juneau
- Director, ITT – Port of New Orleans
- Community Affairs Manager – Port of New Orleans
- Terminal Superintendent – Port of Port Arthur
18 LEARNING MODULES OVER 5 DAYS
This 5-day course is designed to provide participants with professional education related to the transportation system and the operations of ports, vessels and marine terminals. The course covers rapidly changing regulations and requirements that affect ports, marine facilities, intermodal transportation providers, vessels, and a diverse range of service providers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Port Authorities
- Marine Terminal Operators
- Rail Companies
- Vessel Operators
- Importers and Exporters
- Intermodal Transport Companies
- Dockyard, Nay and Military Personnel
- Coastguard Officials
- Local State/Provincial and Government Officials
- Maritime Lawyers
- Consulting Engineers
- Knowledge of the marine transportation system and operations
- Port governance, port authorities and organizations
- Recognizing types of vessels and their uses
- Port and terminal management
- Roles of port professionals
- Managing communications, media, port and terminal administration
- Emerging requirements and regulations that affect ports, marine facilities and vessels
- Managing risks and threats in the port environment
- The scope of port security and safety plans
- Comparing various methods of cargo storage and handling
- Examining harbour geography and aids to navigation
- Preparing a strategic plan, master plan and business plan
- Module 1 – The Worldwide Transportation System
- Module 2 – The International Port Industry
- Module 3 – Language of the Industry
- Module 4 – Port Governance and Management
- Module 5 – The Marine Terminal
- Module 6 – The Harbour and the Vessel Voyage
- Module 7 – Marine Terminal Operations
- Module 8 – Cargo Management
- Module 9 – Transportation Pricing
- Module 10 – Regulatory Requirements and Legal Issues
- Module 11 – Tariffs, Terminal Regulations and Operating Plans
- Module 12 – Safety, Security and Emergency Planning and Response
- Module 13 – Business Development and Marketing with Planning Discussion
- Module 14 – Property and Facility Management
- Module 15 – Administration and Finance
- Module 16 – Public and Media Relations
- Module 17 – Strategic and Master Planning
- Module 18 – Trends, Automation and Climate Change
- Trends, Automation and Climate Change
- Practical Exercise and Evaluation
- Awarding of Certificates
- Port Stakeholders
- Event Authority Directors and Executives
- Terminal Management
- Port Stakeholders including Municipal, Provincial and Federal Government Officials
- Shipping Company Agents
- International Transportation Companies
- Importers and Exporters
- Maritime Lawyers, Insurers, Regulators
- Engineering Professionals
- Maritime Health and Safety, Security and Environment Professionals
- Dockyard, Navy, and Military Personnel
- Coast Guard Officials
- Intermodal, Global, and Marine Organizations